You created a video game for an English class? I wish my English class had been like that in high school.
After around four months of development, Chubz in Space has been completed!
For those of you unfamiliar with the game:
Chubz in Space is a 2D platformer borrowing elements from previous platformer games such as Super Mario World and even Mega Man. It is a project for my AP English 12 class, in which I'm focusing on "Game Development" and the history of video games.
In Chubz in Space, you are a football-flinging astronaut who must fight through three colonies on the Moon after being stranded due to a space shuttle crash which has killed your entire crew.
Be sure to read the in-game instructions so that you'll know how the game works and what does what.
With that said, I'll leave the rest for you to play ..
.. have fun! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
DOWNLOAD CHUBZ IN SPACE (10.5 MB)
(EDIT -- Reuploaded the file; I noted and corrected a small spelling error on one of the last screens, so if the download doesn't work it's because I'm reuploading it now, and if you already have downloaded the game and the spelling error means that much to you, feel free to re-download it and receive the 'corrected' version. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] )
Officially retired
You created a video game for an English class? I wish my English class had been like that in high school.
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheDawgs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You created a video game for an English class? I wish my English class had been like that in high school. </div></div>
It was for a multigenre research paper. We had to do seven or more genres (I did about ten or eleven) and an extra physical project (which is the video game).
It's probably the most work I've ever done in any class, but also some of the most interesting work that has actually made me want to finish it. Some of my works include an entire timeline of video games from the early 50's up until today, an advertisement for 'Chubz in Space,' an editorial for a newspaper, a magazine article about video games, an article explaining how to make a simple game in Game Maker, and much more.
So it was actually a lot of work, and the creation of the video game was probably the most frustrating out of all of my multigenre pieces. It has taken me around four months with several hours (about 2-4) almost every day; most of my time creating it was actually just spent tweaking the game engine and designing the way enemies behaved. It's not just about creating graphics and throwing everything in one room - there's a lot going on behind the scenes and that's what takes so long. Thank God I did it with Game Maker, else it would have taken even longer if it was pure programming/scripting.
To put icing on the cake, this Wednesday we have to give a 10-15 minute speech about what we did our research on, why we chose it, what we did with our research, and basically how it has affected us and how we've learned from it. In short: It's going to be a living nightmare. I dread it like the plague! But the good thing is that I get to show my game to everyone there and maybe even have a "Try me!" session so maybe that will make up for the 10+ minutes of living in Hell. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img][img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
But with that said:
If you have played the game (or if anyone has played it for that matter), could you please at least provide some feedback? I want to know what you think of it, what could be better, what you liked about it, and so on. I've not gotten much feedback yet so I'd like to hear from you guys!
Officially retired
Bookmarks